DVA Claims

Port Stephens Veterans Network is able to help with any claim with the Department of Veterans’Affairs (DVA) for service related injuries or illnesses or War Widow pension applications. 

Before your appointment with a Pension Officer takes place it would be helpful if you could assemble the following documentation prior to your appointment;

  • Identification documents (birth certificate, passport, etc – 100 point check)

  • Service Records: These are classified into two categories, Personal Records and Health Records and can be obtained here. http://www.defence.gov.au/Records/

  • Medical diagnosis

  • Death certificate

  • war widows – marriage certificate

Other useful documentation

Gold Card Brochure

White Card Brochure

All DVA Health Cards

Rehabilitation Appliance Program

Defence Community Health Website and General Practitioners


Memorandum of Understanding between  designated Ex Service Organisations regarding the establishment and maintenance of the Port Stephens Veterans Network